Friday, December 4, 2009

15 Months...a little late

Dear Mason-

I wanted to have a record of things that I want to make sure that I remember about this time in your life. If there is one thing I have learned over the last 15 months it is that I cannot remember the things that I (thank Jeebus) have written in your baby book or on the old blog. People always want to compare their child's weight to yours at a certain age and I have no idea how much you weighed at your 3 month check-up. I don't even know how much you weigh now and calling your pediatrician is on my list of things to do today because I have no idea if I scheduled your next well appointment.

You talk. A lot. You say too many words at times and I know that you definitely have a larger vocabulary than most kids your age. Here are the words that you currently say, all day, every day:
Cars, Hot, Cat, Sit, Tits (a form of sit, methinks), Ball, Nigh-nigh, Juice (joooce), Santa (tanta), Shoes, Socks, Buh-byes, Hi, MaMa, Dada, Papa, Goga (your grandmas), Deeeee (your aunt), *Baboo (your teddy), BoBo (your grandma's cat), No, Numnums (food), Dog, Touch it, Book, Mooo(cow), Baaa(sheep), Dana (the girl at the gym daycare), All Done, House...I am sure there are more I am forgetting.

You have also taking a liking to the Christmas tree and you will not leave it alone. We are constantly telling you NO! Don't touch! and you proceed to carry bulbs across the room and leave them everywhere for me. You also love your shoes and boots. You love getting them put on your feet and always are pointing to them and showing everyone. There are always at least two shoes in the living room because you brought them to us to show me. You are a boy after my own heart. You love anything that isn't a toy and when you do play with toys, you tend to pick on Elmo, books or of course, CARS.

You love helping me. You help me clean, grocery shop, put away groceries, put away toys, and you keep me entertained during my baths and showers. You love to dance to Yo Gabba Gabba and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...or any other random car commercial with a funky beat. You get upset when you do things that you know aren't right. For example, if you knock over a picture frame, you will work at it for MINUTES trying to set it back up, and then cry when you can't. You also FREAK THE F OUT when you hit the input button on the TV and it goes snowy.

You are so loving. You give TONS of kisses and hugs all day long to your family and most importantly, Elmo and Baboo. You love other children and babies. You smile at them, point and flirt. You know not to touch little babies and you know how to play well with bigger ones. You share everything - your juice, "white juice", toys, snacks and even boogers. You are the happiest, most caring little boy I have ever seen and I am so thankful to have you in my life.



*Baboo is recovering from recent neck surgery from too much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment